I thought I'd have a go at papier macheing two items. One of the items is a polystyrene head, the other is my Gran's jug, I just love the shape of the jug and thought both items would look good decoupaged. I didn't want to lose the originals so papier mache copies could take the place of the real thing.
I covered both items with cling film, to make removal easier and to preserve the original items. After that it was just a matter of papier macheing and drying time.
I removed the dried papier mache by cutting with a sharp blade in as few places as possible. The jug was the trickiest, I cut inside the handle and continued the cut up to the neck of the jug. The next cut was on the out side of the handle and then down to the bottom edge.
Cuts were also made on either side of the jug, leaving the lip intact. I then eased the pieces away from the jug with a pallet knife.
As you can see the pieces are a good match for the original. I put the papier mache pieces back together using masking tape, before applying another few layers of papier mache on both the inside and the outside.
The head was cut from neck to neck, going over the top of the crown. I also cut under the chin which made it easier to ease the face away from the eyes and nose.
Here are the two pieces, all ready to decorate, paint or decoupage.