Wednesday 2 July 2014

... and breath....

...aaaah... as I lay here on the hard stones, like my mother before me, I'm transported back to my childhood.


The sound of the ebbing tide returning the shingle to the sea, the lacey wave tips decorating the water's edge before fading into the vast expanse... 
I can almost smell and taste the Solent shoreline & the Selsey shingle...

Seeing the Hythe fishermen returning and the boats pulled up on to the beach I'm reminded of more childhood memories... as a child I remember the Peterhead fishing fleet unloading their catch; we lived there in the 60's, I expect things are very different now...

As I lay on the hard pebbles, sorting out the really smooth ones, I can feel the heat of the sun fanned by the breeze warming my aching body. I pray it will work it's magic, before we have to leave and go home for tea.


Tomorrow I shall be better prepared, with beach shoes to protect against the stones and a bag for my found treasures... I'm already thinking up creative uses for my mix of finds, I can't wait!

No comments: