Tuesday 9 April 2013

Finishing the 'Tall Ship' x

OK peeps... here's the last & final blog on the ship.
After finishing the sails, I glued them to the yard arms & also made some pennants from the star voile that I'd used for the sails. 

I decided, right at the last moment, to make some railings for the decks... & that led me to make the curved decorative piece for the bow.
I made the rails from florists wire wrapped in tissue papier mache & then wrapped some of the gold thread on top to finish them of  ~ some pics of this process & more can be found on my FB page in the 'Tall Ship' album ~
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151355208947478.1073741829.239919672477&type=3  

Here's the ship ~ I'm so pleased with it :)








5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really beautiful, it must have taken you quite some time. You should be proud, I'd be chuffed if I'd made it.

Kerri
Fabridashery - fabric, haberdashery & craft supplies

dream it make it love it said...

aaah, thanks so much for your lovely comment... Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm still getting to grips with this & I didn't see the notification... memo to self :~ check gmail ! LOL

Charlotte said...

I found you on the hunt for a pattern template to make a sailing ship. I love the Galleon, what a beauty.

dream it make it love it said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dream it make it love it said...

Hi Charlotte, thanks for the lovely comment ~ I loved doing the galleon & can't wait to get back into the creating mode.
~ please feel free to share my blog with anyone else you know. I expect to be back blogging as a my current Fibromyalgia flare up settles down.
Have a good day hun & thanks again :)