Saturday 17 May 2014

Sleeping Beauty Syndrome


Good evening peoples... I thought it might be useful to give a very brief account of my week, believe me it won't take long... So that any of you unfamiliar with Fibromyalgia can get an understanding of it's effect... so, how did M.E & Fibromyalgia effect my week...

... well, let's see ~  Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday were (for me) good days.
I usually rise late in the mornings, because my joints are stiff & it takes a while to get moving, coupled with the extreme fatigue (no matter if I've slept or not), it's like waking with the flu every day... 

~ basically most days is a real struggle to get out of bed & to get dressed.

anyway, over these 4 days I took mum to get her hair cut, had 4 year old Connie to stay, cooked a roast dinner & fetched mum over to eat with us, had a visit from my daughter & new grandson, then ferried mum & Connie back to their homes and managed to finish knitting a hat for my craft page... juggled my medications so that I could drive & generally pushed on through, got things done & mostly felt as though I'd accomplished something...




Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday are mostly a blur... I ate when I was threatened, tried valiantly to stay focused & awake but failed miserably.
I was unable to communicate with anyone beyond a couple of words or to stay awake for more than 10 - 20 minutes maximum...
~  my waking moments were spent in a lot of  pain, as well as misery & guilt... guilt that I couldn't be a partner to my man, a mother to my children or a daughter to my mum (she is 83, was on her own & needed both company & help).

but here we are, it's Friday...  today I've been awake all day... I'm back, ready to start again.

So there you have it,... quite ironic really, as Monday 12May was Fibromyalgia awareness day & I was unable to show my support. This is the poster  that I'd prepared.

Ok, enough of that side of the situation.,, what about the hat I hear you cry...
Here you go, this is a mixture of my loopy hat, combined with my owl hat, with the addition of loopy wings... Connie is actually modelling an adult hat so it slightly too big, but you get the general idea. 
Also in the pipeline are a baby pink loopy hat with either an owl or an awareness ribbon. 







so, there you have it, my new owl hat... I'm loving it.., for this and others pop over to my Facebook page and have a browse
www.facebook.com/DreamIt.MakeIt.LoveIt 
... well it's now 3:49am on Saturday morning and I'm tempted to get up & start crafting LOL (disruptive sleep patterns play havoc with any daily routine!)  ~ nope, I shall try to get some more snoozing done & get up with my man... so until the next time peeps, take care x


6 comments:

lubby said...

This is great really got to'grips' with going with the flow and working things out with fibromyalgia. I tried to do battle with it but bigger than me...lol do keep this up when you can gentle hugs

Unknown said...

Love the hats. One day I hope to be good enough at that crochet lark to make something other than a cat blanket. I always try and get up on a weekend and make a nice fry up for Mr S as sometimes it's the only thing I do for him all week. I know he appreciates it even though it's an effort. Glad you are through your very rough patch.

Mark Swain said...

You seem pretty busy. Hope the warmer weather has some health benefits for you. x

dream it make it love it said...

Thank you hun... until the next episode x

dream it make it love it said...

Thank you Gina, it still seems to be hanging around but hopefully it will ease up enough for me to actually get some crafting done

dream it make it love it said...

I'm struggling at the mo Mr S, my inactivity far outweighs any productive periods but I am trying to turn that around x. warm weather would certainly be preferable to cold, I always look healthier with a bit of colour & the vit d wouldn't go amiss :)